- Master of Arts, University College London (1987)
- BA (History & Archaeology), University of Sydney (1981)
- Tony has been a heritage consultant since 1989 and has experience across numerous kinds of archaeological sites, including graves and cemeteries, and on major civil projects, including the North West Rail Link, Lane Cove Tunnel, Cross City Tunnel and other infrastructure projects.
- Tony has extensive experience in the excavation of early European sites in Sydney,
- Tony has extensive experience in assessment and management of early European archaeological sites in the Greater Sydney area including assistant-direction of the last season of First Government House excavations.
- Tony is a former committee member of the Australasian Society for Historical Archaeology (ASHA) and was on their Publications Committee.
- He was vice-chair of the NSW State Executive Committee of the Australian Association of Consulting Archaeologists (AACA) 1997-1999.
- Prior to becoming a consultant in Sydney, Tony spent several years working in the Middle East as an archaeologist in Bahrain, Jordan and Iraq.
- Air Force Reservist (Squadron Leader) and Member of the Missing-in-Action Recovery, Australian Army where he developed testing regimes for recovery of human remains from Vietnam, Indonesia, PNG, Malaysia, France and Belgium (2007- present)
- Awarded Chief of Air Force Commendation for role in recovery of Flying Officer Michael Herbert and Pilot Officer Robert Carver, Missing-in-Action in Vietnam in 1970.
- Awarded Chief of Navy Commendation for involvement in the 2006 recovery of the unknown sailor from HMAS Sydney, buried in unmarked grave on Christmas Island in 1942.
- Member of the Archaeological Advisory Panel to the Heritage Council of NSW (1997-2000).
- Completion of a Master’s Degree in Archaeology at the prestigious Institute of Archaeology, London (1987).
- Guest editor, Volume 14, Australasian Historical Archaeology (1996).