- Doctor of Philosophy, Uni. of Sydney, 2003.
- Master of the Built Environment (Heritage Conservation), Uni. of NSW (1991)
- BA (Hons in Archaeology), Uni. of Sydney (1987)
- Vice-President, Australasian Society for Historical Archaeology
- General Editor, Australasian Society for Historical Archaeology
- Member, Editorial Board, Australasian Historical Archaeology
- Honorary Research Associate, Dept. of Archaeology, University of Sydney
- Member of the Technical Advisory Committee to Heritage Council of NSW
- Full Member, Australian Association of Consulting Archaeologists Inc, MACCAI
- Member, Australia ICOMOS, M.ICOMOS
- Member, Australasian Society for Historical Archaeology
- Mary has been a heritage consultant since 1989. She has undertaken numerous assessments and analysis of archaeological site potential, extensive field survey projects and the archaeological component of five heritage studies. Mary has expertise in historic surveys of large scale development areas, including the former ADI Site, St Marys; Menangle Park; Rouse Hill Infrastructure; and Mt Victoria to Lithgow road upgrade.
- Mary has directed and co-directed many archaeological excavations and monitoring programs, notably the Parramatta North Growth Centre ; Parramatta Children’s Court Site; Parramatta Justice Precinct; Darling Quarter, Sydney Metro Projects, Darling Harbour; Western Sydney Stadium; Barangaroo South and the Conservatorium of Music Site.
- Trustee of Camperdown Cemetery (1991-1996).
- Mary co-curated the exhibition Breaking the Shackles: Historic Lives in Parramatta’s Archaeological Landscape with the Parramatta Heritage Centre, Sept-Nov 2009. Casey & Lowe were a project partner.
- Mary was appointed in May 2007 to the Archaeological Advisory Panel of the Heritage Council of NSW.
- Mary was appointed as an honorary Research Associate, Department of Prehistoric and Historical Archaeology, School of Philosophical and Historical Inquiry, University of Sydney in 2004.
- Mary was Editor of Australasian Historical Archaeology from 2003 to 2009.
- In 1995 Mary co-convened an international conference, the 3rd Australian Women in Archaeology Conference, and was an editor of its proceedings which were published in 1998.
- Mary guest edited volume 17 of Australasian Historical Archaeology (1999).