Archive

The Project Archaeological excavations were undertaken by Casey & Lowe on behalf of Lendlease from 2017 to 2019 at the 182 George & 33-35 Pitt Streets site, currently known as Circular Quay Tower. It is bounded by Underwood Street to the south, Pitt Street to the...

The Project Casey & Lowe was commissioned by AMBS Ecology & Heritage, on behalf of John Holland CPB Ghella, to excavate the sites for Sydney Metro City Southwest at Blues Point, Barangaroo and Pitt Street North. Further Information The Sydney Metro & City Southwest project. For further information see...

OVERVIEW Casey & Lowe were commissioned by Lendlease as archaeological consultants to manage the archaeology of the Darling Harbour Live project. Lendlease as part of the Darling Harbour Live (DHL) consortium, redeveloped the convention, exhibition and entertainment centre facilities at Darling Harbour, Sydney. The previous facilities were...

The Project Archaeological excavations at Barangaroo South were undertaken by Casey & Lowe Pty Ltd between January 2011 and August 2012. The project team consisted of around 20 professional archaeologists. Comber Consultants Ltd Pty undertook monitoring and testing for Aboriginal archaeological remains. Historical Background The earliest British settlement...

The Project Leichhardt Council redeveloped the site at 2-8 Weston Street as a public recreational area linking Council-owned parks to the north and south. The site is associated with Balmain's maritime past. During the mid to late 19th century, the site was the location for two...

The Project Excavations at Darling Quarter were undertaken by Casey & Lowe Pty Ltd between October 2008 and April 2009. The project team consisted of around 40 professional archaeologists. Comber Consultants undertook the Aboriginal archaeological work in consultation with The Metropolitan Local Aboriginal Land Council. Historical Background Most...

OVERVIEW Casey & Lowe Pty Ltd were commissioned by Otto Cserhalmi & Partners (OCP) to provide an archaeological assessment of the Toyota building at 139–143 Parramatta Road, Camperdown. The site is part of the former Fowler’s Pottery site which was demolished c1918. The properties associated with...

OVERVIEW The archaeological investigation of Fort Phillip was undertaken by the Government Architect’s Office and Casey & Lowe Pty Ltd between 2008 and 2010. The archaeological work was undertaken in advance of proposed landscaping around the Signal Master’s Cottage and aimed at furthering understanding of this...

Background The proposed excavation of a services basement in the western half of the Peace Hall led to the archaeological investigation of this area beneath the Town Hall in 2007/2008. Archaeological excavation was undertaken in January 2008 and a total of 66 graves were recorded, with...

The Project The Museum of Contemporary Art, the former Maritime Services Board building, was built on the site of the 1809-1812 Commissariat building and the 1818-1822 Macquarie-period dockyard. The Dockyard was rebuilt from 1818 to 1822 as a part of Macquarie's building program. From 1818 onwards it...